Most of today’s wireless networks were not designed for the high density, throughput and security requirements of the thousands of devices in the workplace. End users are bringing more of their own devices to work, and using cloud-based apps that may not be on IT’s radar. This contributes to network complexity, creates added security concerns and exposes your infrastructure to an expanding array of threats.
New wireless technologies are increasing the speed and location awareness of devices but need to be architected correctly to achieve the biggest advantage. There are also traditional challenges, including:
- The complexity of integrating wired and wireless networks, multiple management systems, multiple network operating systems, and device onboarding processes.
- Inconsistencies across wired and wireless architectures, and associated policies, security, features and operations.
- Speed and latency issues related to unified communications platforms.
- The different performance characteristics demanded by communications-enabled business processes since most wireless systems are designed for data only.
- The need to enable software that requires seamless transitions across multiple network topologies, protocols and standards.
With CompuCom® Wireless Networking for Mobility, you can safely navigate these challenges and realize the following benefits:
- A consistent user experience, a reduction in service desk calls and improved end-user productivity.
- Quantifiable performance metrics that let you identify issues before they become problems.
- Quickly adopt and deploy new technologies that support your overall business strategy.
- Improve visibility of the wireless network.
Benefits of our approach include:
- Improved end-user experience.
- Higher networking speed and stability.
- High quality of service maintained from wired to wireless networks.
- Compliance requirements met for wireless networks.
- Reduced security risks.
- Improved network management.
- Improved visibility of
- Wi-Fi network.