As a seemingly endless line of new technologies is introduced into the workplace, balancing end-user satisfaction with cost controls and productivity becomes a priority for today’s IT executives. The once-solid line separating work from home has blurred for workers. The convergence and mutual reinforcement of social interaction, mobility, analytics/Big Data, and cloud continue to empower end users as they interact with each other and their information.
As technologies like high-speed Internet and mobile devices have become more ubiquitous, a new breed of end user has emerged – one who is emboldened by high-powered, consumer technologies and now demands an always-on, access-anywhere way of working. As these empowered end users have emerged, IT has had to find ways to support the traditional workers who prefer enterprise technologies, while enabling the tech-savvy workers who bring their own devices (BYOD) into the workplace. That means maintaining balance between managing corporate devices and providing a choice of BYO devices and applications – while still providing a level of security, compliance, and cost control that mitigates company risk.
To address this ever-changing technology landscape, CompuCom has developed a modernized portfolio of End-User Enablement services that specifically focus on the end-user’s needs and experience. This portfolio includes the following services:
- Personas and Community Services: Provides a powerful multi-phase approach that captures and categorizes the various persona attributes within your organization, so you can empower your users with the applications and devices they demand and focus your IT investment into the roles that drive the most business growth.
- Mobility and Device Services: Supports the entire lifecycle of end-user devices, from acquisition through disposition, as well as management of BYOD initiatives. Our proprietary device management services and tools help you reduce device management costs, improve business alignment, and increase security and compliance.
- Application Marketplace Services (AMS): Allows you to understand your application portfolio, capabilities, and costs for a clearer view of your IT environment. It includes both Application Rationalization to seamlessly gather application data and provide a structured methodology to make business decisions about your application portfolio and Application Management to assist in packaging, testing and distribution of new applications that meet both technical and business needs. In just weeks, our device management tools can give you the intelligence you need to make more accurate, timely, and informed decisions about your portfolio.
- Workplace Services: Offers structured and flexible on-site and specialty services for end-user and device support. On-site services range from basic Install, Move, Add, Change, De-Install (IMACD) and Break/Fix services to more complicated print management, video surveillance technology support, and digital signage support. Our specialty services include industry-specific support, such as POS for retail organizations. CompuCom’s well-trained workforce can help you consolidate support so you can improve the sustainability of your workplace solutions and gain greater control over soaring costs and inefficiencies.
The services in the End-User Enablement portfolio provide all-inclusive end-user support for today’s “consumer emulated” workplace. We provide solutions geared to harnessing today’s emerging technology, to deliver improved workplace flexibility, productivity and management both in and out of the physical office. We utilize state-of-the-art technologies and a honed set of best-of-class processes to provide:
- Agility – to react to quick changing technology (i.e. mobile, cloud)
- Visibility – for identifying and engineering out what is broken
- Personas – for classifying and segmenting users into to right size workspace technology and support needs
- Benchmarking – to measure IT Services performance
- Cost Control – to capture segmented costs and identify cost reduction opportunities
- Reporting – to measure user-level experiences and provide actionable data for continuous improvement
- Innovative Toolsets – to provide interconnection across service portfolios to drive service optimization and improved user-level intelligence and experience management
We have a proven track record for servicing end-users. CompuCom has been positioned in the Leaders quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Desktop Services, and Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Help Desk Outsourcing since 2003. Most recently CompuCom was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for End-User Outsourcing North America.
To learn more, contact us today and talk to one of our subject matter experts.