Now that the deadline for end of support for Windows Server 2003 is less than six months out, we are finding many organizations aren’t going to make the deadline and need help.
To address this, CompuCom has put together a comprehensive Windows Server Rescue Program for enterprise clients in the U.S. and Canada. Our Windows Server Rescue Program is a fixed-price/scope assessment and planning initiative designed to help clients identify the largest areas of risk and come up with a plan for addressing them – quickly!
We understand that organizations are in different stages when it comes to new Windows Server OS adoption. That is why each engagement starts with a current state analysis. During this phase we will look at:
- All the workloads you have running on the remaining Server 2003 platforms in your organization.
- Whether your organization is ready to take advantage of the innovative solutions being deployed on the latest platforms.
- Whether your organization has regulatory compliance commitments that require vendor support beyond Windows Server 2003 end of life.
After we determine where you are, key areas of concern, and desired future state, we will then work with you to:
- Determine the testing, QA, and production requirements for a migration of your critical workloads.
- Understand the constraints and timelines that work for your organization.
- Help define the roadmap for the migration that best fits your organization’s needs and timelines.
- Apply repeatable best practices we’ve learned from our past experience.
- Leverage our tools and methodologies developed and refined over time that drive large-scale project deployments with speed and accuracy.
- Engage our experienced subject matter experts to consult on key areas of concern.
Deliverables will then include:
Using the latest industry-proven tools to assess and analyze your workloads running on Windows 2003 servers, as well as assess Server 2012 readiness for those applications.
Server Migration Architecture Planning
A 10-day design session will be scheduled to discuss available management and migration tools, targeted operating system changes, and recommended migration methods for typical workloads running on Server 2003.
At the end of the engagement, we will provide a well-defined approach to the migration with clear technical dependencies. Timelines can be added or adjusted based on priorities and the size of the project. A project plan and resource requirements document will also be provided to accurately forecast the cost to migrate.
The results to you:
- Lower risk
- Clear and measurable ROI
- Reduced complexity